Monday, April 29, 2013

A new backpack



As a plein air painter it's been an ongoing process to find the most practical, light, compact and easy way to carry my art supplies to get the most out of painting on location.   When it comes to backpacks I've gone from getting a top of the line Kelty pack with tons of pockets and way more space than I need to just grabbing any old backpack (my husband's) I can find at home.   I realized that with the big Kelty I could fit everything, but it was too complicated to get in and out of so I just wouldn't use it and the regular backpacks end up being way too small so then I have to have several other bags with me to fit the tripod and umbrella.
With the Paso Robles Festival of Arts quick draw event coming up I'm trying to get more organized so I went out to get a new backpack and I wanted to share what I found, because so far I'm really happy with the size and ease of use of this backpack.  

Digi Hauler Daypack can easily hold both my 9x11 OpenboxM easel+panelholder, as well as my tripod and umbrella in the main compartment.   It's very easy to open and there's no flap going over the top (in my laymen's terms?!).   The tripod and umbrella sticks out at the top, but I can tie them both together with a bungee cord and attach them to the hook/handle on top to hold them more securely.  It doesn't have as many pockets as other backpacks might have, but there's a large flat pocket to hold panels in the back, my brushes and Viva paper towels go in the main compartment with my brushcleaner and I use a sidepocket for gloves and plastic trashbags and a pocket up front holds my handy mirror/croptool and value reader the Artist's MVP designed by Peggy Kroll Roberts, a sketch book and pencils etc.   I think I could even fit a smaller wet canvas panel holder in the main space, although I have yet to try that.

All in all a great backpack that holds a lot and is easy to use.  You can follow the link at the top to get more specifications and price!

Happy Painting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.