Sunday, April 29, 2012

Of Mice and Snowmen - Sold

Sold
So, I'm starting this new still life series exploring all the toys and collectibles I can find around the house.    It helps that my husband is a collector of many things and I'm getting help from both him and my son to add to my collection of owls...not sure that is the ultimate thing I'd want to collect?, but it is it for now.   I had a lot of fun painting this first one and I got to incorporate one of my favorite pieces of art - my son Ben's drawing of a snowman.

On a different note - The most successful part of the exhibit I was a part of last Sunday was probably how fast the refreshing cucumber drink I brought seem to go...lol   So, I thought I'd share the recipe that I found on this blog.   These are the ingrediences:
1 to 1.5 large cucumbers
1 whole bag of crushed ice
1 can (12 oz.) frozen/slightly thawed limeade
2 liter bottle of 7up/Sprite/Fresca (choose your favorite, or the one that’s on sale :) )
A bowl/pitcher (or both) large enough to fit a whole bag of crushed ice + the other ingredients. (As you can probably tell, this makes way over 2 liters of drink, especially after the ice melts some. Makes this drink perfect for any party!)
You can go to Caley's site  http://www.howdoesshe.com to get the "step by step" with picture.
I usually double or triple the recipe and put it in this handy drink dispenser I have from Bed Bath and Beyond.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.