Thursday, September 13, 2012

What's your favorite color combination?

Tony's Pizzaria
6x6
oil on gesso board

This was painted from a photo I took in Ventura.  I was driving past this little pizzeria and it stopped me in my tracks.   What I was drawn to beside the afternoon light hitting the building and the awning was two colors that I seem to be drawn to.  It happens when I see it in other people's work as well as my own when it comes to what I decide to paint.   Those colors are - a certain shade of orange in combination with a turquoise kind of blue.  It seems to be such an ongoing color theme in my work and it made me wonder if other artists have favorite combinations and what they are?  

Please share your favorite color combinations in the comment section!  If you want, please include a link to a painting with that combination, whether it's your own painting or someone else's work.
I look forward to seeing what you're drawn to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.