Monday, October 8, 2012

Afternoon Conversation

 6x6
oil on gessoboard

My son got pretty close and conversational with a duck this summer.   It was on our vacation when we spent a day in Boston.   If you've ever read the book "Make Way for Duckling" this is the actual pond where the story takes place.  Lots of ducks, beautiful back-lighting, complimentary colors.   I knew when I took the picture that it would make for a pretty good subject matter.   And it's time I do some painting of my kids while they're still little.   I'm not at all used to painting people, but I'm pretty happy with this one.  I think it helped to turn the photo up-side down so I could focus on the shapes and values more than perfect details....lol...I'm working really hard these days to get away from those details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.