Oil on linen on Panel
Tomorrow I'm off to the 3rd Annual Plein Air Convention up in Monterey. It's my first time and I'm feeling a little trepidacious...excited and everything in between. I'm heading up on my own. It was an investment for sure, and the reason I finally decided to take the plunge this year is because this time around there will be more painting time during the convention, on top off the great lectures and demos of course. Another plus is that there's an opportunity to display your work, which I think is a great addition to the event. Let's see what happens!! It's always hard to leave my boys, but I'm looking forward to some painting time, starting fresh after struggling this past week.
Here are some of my goals for the week:
- Learn a few new things in the marketing boot camp I can take action on after.
- See at least Charlie Hunter, Randall Sexton, Lori Putnam and Marcia Burtt demo and then some!!
- Pay attention to what I can learn watching other painters regarding confident brush strokes...especially for fields and grasses...
- Meet new friends
- Run into old friends
- Exchange business cards - to stay connected after.
- Learn more about Galleries
- And most of all - Have Fun Painting - with no pressure :-)
Hope to see you there!
Happy Painting where ever you are!