Sunday, March 29, 2015

Afternoon Stroll

Afternoon Stroll
12x12"
Oil on Linen on board

The painting on top here is the Final version of the painting I started on location 2 years ago.  As with anything painted plein air it has a certain freshness to it that I love.  I just wasn't thoroughly happy with the foreground rock formation:-)  Worked on it the other day and even though neither of the photos probably captures the exact color temperature I feel that I resolved a few things...and it only took me 2 years?!:-)
And whether it's an improvement...only you cant tell.

I have a lot more paintings sitting around my studio these days, waiting for that final critical step...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.