Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Cruise Night"

12x12
oil on linen on panel
I attended my 3rd Cruise night in Camarillo last night.  It takes place right by the studios where I'm an artist in residence, which is convenient.  And it gives me a great opportunity to practice en plein air and see some beautiful classic cars.  Cars like these are so inspiring to me with their great design, personality and color.  It's also a great architectural challenge!   What I mean by that is that cars have the architecture and angles of a house (or a rectangle:) and then just add a few extra angles!   Last night I added to the challenge by including a few cars and the quickly setting sun.   I need to start snapping some shots of what my painting looks like half-way through...because for quite a while I'm not sure whether it's going to come together or not, it's a bit of a mess.  I've really been enjoying painting at these events and being able to talk to the car enthusiasts that stop by to see what I'm doing.  The last event for the summer will take place on the 4th Friday in September - and I'll be there!

On another note
The second 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge is coming up in September.
Visit Leslie Saeta's blog to find out how to join.

As a heads up - I will be holding a raffle to win one of the paintings I produce that month, for all those who Like my FB page and then sign up to follow my blog (or already do follow my blog)!  That way I will have your email address to notify you if you win.

The winner gets their choice of any one painting that haven't sold by the end of September!

Good luck all, and for all of my artists friends - join in the challenge!  It's fun and very motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.