Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Studies on the pond

Young Tree on the Pond
Study in Oil on Gessoed Board
6x6"
To Bid

I feel like I've been on a little vacation from blogging.  Seems to happen every now and then.  I think it's just part of the process of being an artist - Not that I'm not painting - just focusing more on the act of painting than showing...
And then I've actually been on vacation as well.  First camping and then 2 wonderful weeks on the Cape.  I got the chance to paint a little in between family and fun, 4th of July and impending hurricanes, and on this particular morning I actually did 3 little studies before everyone woke up.  I was just steps from the house down by the pond.   It was a greyish overcast morning, but the pond was delightfully still.

My first study seemed be-labored and I was fighting some bad habits of noodling - No likey!

In the second one below, I was determined to paint more loosely, focus on shapes and just have some hard edges define my center of interest.  It was a lot more fun than the first one:-)

Edge of the Pond
Oil on gessoboard
6x6"








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.