Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summerland Roofs

Summerland Roofs
8x10"
Oil on linen on board
DPW

I painted this one up in Summerland a few months back with my friend Shannon Celia (you can check out her great Seascapes on her website) There's a lot of pretty homes and buildings in that area, but this day I zeroed in on something that looked a little more like a shack.  I always look for subjects with a little character and wanted to explore cropping in on these buildings with the way they were intersecting and I liked the dramatic shadows the sun created.

Here's a painting on the area where we were standing to paint.
 Shade for Lunch
6x8"
Oil on Linen on Board
DPW
SOLD

It was right by the freeway off ramp, but with some shade it still made for an enjoyable paint out. 
What's the most difficult thing you deal with if you paint outdoors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.