Wednesday, January 6, 2016

6 of 30 - Dogs and Cars - Desserts to Die For


Desserts to Die For
11x14
Oil on Linen Panel

So painting this one made me really happy!  You know when you find a subject that combines several of the things you get excited about painting!
I got a photo of this scene at an art event.   I love cars with personality and the light just happened to be fabulous at the moment I saw this.   I've been painting a lot of paintings with a dramatic sun recently it seems.   I've also been thinking a lot about the work of Bernie Fuchs lately, and I'm really inspired by his compositions, so I felt that in this piece I got to play with some of what's influenced me in his work....I could still get looser though!!...lol:-)

Here are a few examples of Bernie Fuchs work from my pinterest page:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.