Saturday, January 5, 2013

Beyond the Field - Day 4

6x6
oil on gessoboard
Day 4 of 30 paintings in 30 days
DPW

This is the second sketch I started on location the other day and the one I felt had a composition that I'm usually more drawn to.   I spent a little more time on it today, basically adding some more texture to the grass.   What I learned today is that the cheap painting brushes you can get at a hardware store work well in creating some of those wispy irregular areas.  
Today was a productive day painting and it was also Open Studio Day at Studio Channel Islands Art Center where I'm an Artist in residence.   If you're in the area check out all the great classes they have coming up in January.  I just joined in August and what a great surprise, I got a visit from Sherri Cassell who is also doing the 30 Paintings in 30 days Challenge and somehow I had not realized we both have studios across each other.  Check out her great work at her blog

What a small world!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR WORK, VERY FRESH. YOUR HEADER IS AWESOME. WHO DOESN'T LOVE A RUBBER DUCKIE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful - I love all four of your entries in Leslie's challenge. I also enjoyed seeing your beautiful work on your blog - it is so great to meet new artists this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work! Thanks for mentioning me on your blog! I am looking forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.