Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Within kids reach - Day 2

6x6
Oil on Gessoboard
to view

Day two and my dear husband got home early so I dashed off to the studio to do some more painting for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.  I ended up working on 3 different paintings.  This one being one that needed some rework.   I'm working hard :-) at simplifying and I originally liked the contrast of the white "kids" compared to the black adult goat, but the big goat was almost to simple of a black shape so it helped to add some color to describe the "planes" of him a little better and I ended up lightening the background as well.  Tomorrow I'll re-take the photo outside to see if I can get the colors closer to the original and a little cooler.

What is becoming clear to me in doing this challenge is how easily I get side tracked and end up working on something different from what I set out to paint....I wonder if anyone else is facing the same dilemma:-)?
Here's a second camera shot with some additions.
It has a whole different hue than the one with the photo taken inside.
This one feels like a work in progress so it will not be for sale....:-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anette, nice painting.
    Oh yes, getting sidetracked is something I come up against too. For this challenge I made a list of the paintings I plan to do and that has helped me stay on track. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea to get more focused! Thank you Fay! This challenge is helping me see where I need to get more disciplined.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.