Saturday, January 12, 2013

Flower Study - Day 11

6x6
Oil on Gessoboard

Day 11 of
30 Paintings in 30 Days

I got some flowers from the Farmers Market last weekend and wanted to capture some "light on dark" or back-lit flowers.   I originally tried it with the flower back-lit and a grayish orange background thinking I would have some nice grays to make the colors stand out...but somehow that didn't quite work out the way I wanted so the other day I darkened the background and it made things pop in a way I liked a little better.

3 comments:

  1. Sooo beautiful.You have inspired me, I think I will visit Trader Joes today and get some flowers to paint for day 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This flower really speaks to me! Love the composition and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sherri and Marilyn! This challenge has been great for trying out some new subject matters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.