Monday, March 3, 2014

Culture Chat

6x6
oil on canvasboard
DPW

A juxtaposition of two cultures - A Swedish Dala horse and a "Day of the Dead" ducky.  The duck definitely has something to say and the horse seems to be listening.  It was interesting to figure out how to paint white and still have the value be dark enough to have some room to go lighter with the highlights.   On another note, I've had this dala horse for a long time, but had yet to paint it.  So I think I was inspired now, since my dad will come here for a visit on Saturday.  All the way from Sweden for the first time ever.  I think it will be an adventure for us all:-)  and I'm hoping I can still sneak in some time to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.