Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 5 - Sipping 4th of July Spirits

8x10
Oil on linen on panel


Here's another Value study I finished today.  It's black and white on an earth tone under painting.  The little girl is part of the yearly 4th of July parade here in Westlake Village.  The parade consists of kids on bikes and in wagons, along with dogs (also in wagons:) and their families, all decorated in their red-white and blue holiday best.   It's very cute, and if I get myself organized, I'll finish a color version to include in next year's calendar.    

Dilemma - 
I painted this on a Centurion wrapped linen canvas board and I just noticed today that the linen canvas has separated from the board creating a pocket of air...it's too bad...I really like these boards, but I don't know if this is fixable?  Have anyone else run in to this problem and found a solution, other than re-painting it?


3 comments:

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.