Monday, September 2, 2013

30 in 30 - Day 2

Pond Pals
8x10
oil on linen on panel

Set out to paint this a lot more abstract when I started this morning...?  But somehow I got right into painting it more realistically...it's difficult to sway what comes naturally...

I enjoyed some of the brush strokes and finding a way to describe the warmth of that afternoon sun.  Next time I need to have a better plan...Anyone else struggling with abstract?  Any good tips?...
I might need to paint it once this way to get it out of my system and then tackle it again:-)

It was a nice surprise that I had the chance to paint on Labor Day - thanks to hubby and kids being busy and getting up early!  Wishing everyone a Happy Labor Day - now it's time to relax with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.