Sunday, September 22, 2013

30 in 30 - Day 22 - Morning Backroads

12x12
oil on linen on panel

Every morning we take the back way through hidden valley to take our son to his new school and the other week it was nice and foggy so I went back to capture this scene of a very distinct grouping of trees.  I ended up painting it today at the Thousand Oaks Art Festival.  Painting in public is a nice way for me to get a little more used to talking to passers-by about my process and answer questions.  I was drawn to the trees here and the way the fence created a nice entry into the painting.   Day 22 - 8 days to go and I'm hanging in there...moving a little more slowly though.

Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.