Sunday, September 29, 2013

30 in 30 - Day 29 - Layers of Light...in progress






8x10
oil on linen on panel



 Spent the day at Malibu Nature Preserve with Allied Artists for the 11th Annual Exhibit.  Sold a few paintings and enjoyed the beautiful weather, talking to collectors and the other artists, but most of all I had the chance to paint and  I got a little closer to reaching 30 paintings in 30 days:-)   The lighting for this scene was what drew me to paint it.  A really dark background with with a back area that looked really cool gray and a very lit up foreground.  I managed to take one picture half-way through when I was playing around with some color choices and the top picture is where I left off at the end of my session. It still needs some finishing touches and adjustments.  Back-lit trees are always a real challenge.   Hope all the 30 in 30 Artists are hanging in there!  Only one day to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.