Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 in 30 - Day 6

French Charm
8x10
oil on linen on panel
to Purchase

I go out painting on location with Allied Artists of the Santa Monica Mountains and Seashores.   This one Saturday I had the old location for our paint out and it ended up taking me about 2 hours to get to the right location...Will Rogers State Historic Park in Pacific Palisades.  It was an unexpected surprise when I finally arrived to see some beautiful classic cars from the thirties on display for a fundraiser that evening, especially since I'm so drawn to paint cars these days....Everyone was impressed with this 1937 Delahaye Type 135-M Cabriolet
...., including the young lady posing.
 I'm glad I didn't give up and go home! 

You can see this painting on display along with Pastel, Watercolor and Oil Paintings done by a great group of artists painting to support conservation groups on
Sunday September 29th, from 11AM-5PM
at Allied Artists 11th annual Exhibit at the Malibu Nature Preserve 
33905 Pacific Coast Highway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Comments are much appreciated and it means a lot to me that you took the time.